December 5, 2011
The multi-purpose tug and offshore support vessel, Seaways 20, designed by Robert Allan Ltd. of Vancouver BC, and built by Keppel Singmarine Pte Ltd. in Singapore has been delivered to its proud owners, Seaways International of Singapore. This unique vessel is the latest of the Robert Allan Ltd. RAmpage series of Offshore Support Tugs which were initially conceived to fill a gap in the Offshore market for high-performance, multi-functional tugs for towing, anchor-handling and for many other critical offshore support duties. This “Swiss Army Knife” of tugs is designed to perform a wide variety of tasks:
- Offshore long range towing
- Handling/positioning of heavy tankers at FPSO or offshore mooring production buoys
- Anchor handling operations
- Hose handling at SBM/CALM Buoys, FPSO, etc.
- Diving support
- ROV support
- Offshore personnel transfer
- Safety or standby support
- Rescue and salvage towing operations
- Oil spill response
- Off-ship fire fighting operations
- Delivery of cargo to offshore drilling and production rigs that can include containers, various type of deck cargo, fuel oil, drilling water and potable water
Seaways 20 has been built and classed to American Bureau of Shipping Notations:
- ✠ A1 Ⓔ Towing Service, AH/Offshore Support, DPS-2, Fire-Fighting Vessel Class 1 with waterspray, Oil Recovery Vessel Class 1
- ✠ AMS, ✠ ACCU, Green Passport, ENVIRO+
The Principal Particulars of this tug are:
Load line draft
Deadweight at Load line Draft
|– 55.00 metres
– 15.00 metres
– 7.33 metres
– 6.35 metres
– 1075 tonnes
Capacities are as follows:
Recovered oil (flashpoint < 60° C)
Cargo Deck Area
|– 590 m³
– 120 m³
– 27 m³
– 32 m³
– 255 m³
– 310 m³
– 200 tonnes
– 200 m²
The propulsion machinery comprises a pair of MaK 9M 25C diesel engines; each rated 2970 kW at 750 rpm and each driving a Schottel SRP 3030 Z-drive with a 3400 mm diameter CP propeller. This combination delivered a Bollard Pull of more than 100 tonnes on trials. A free running speed of 14.4 knots was also achieved.
The vessel is equipped with a DP2 system. Manoeuvrability is enhanced by two controllable pitch type bow thrusters, Schottel model STT2 FP, electric motor driven, rated at 500 kW each.
Green Passport and ENVIRO+
In order to accomplish the owner’s goal of reducing their environmental footprint, the Seaways 20 has been assigned a Green Passport and ENVIRO+ notation by ABS. The vessel will implement required procedures to deal with ballast water, sewage, and garbage management.
- It is constructed of environmentally friendly materials
- Ballast tanks are constructed to minimize accumulation of sediment
- There is no fuel oil against the skin of the vessel
- Approved oily bilge separators are in place
- The ballast and cargo tanks are segregated
- The vessel’s anti-fouling paint is biocide free
- Diesel engines are designed to meet international and domestic emissions standards
- The firefighting systems do not contain Halon or fluorocarbons
Seaways 20 is equipped with a Fi-Fi 1 system supplied by Jason Engineering comprised of 2 fire pumps, each rated 1600 m³/ hour and driven by the main engines through front PTO’s. There are two combination water/foam monitors, each rated 1200 m³/hr, as well as a complete deluge system. A 27 m³ foam tank is served by two electrically driven foam pumps.
Electrical power is generated by:
- Two shaft alternators; DSG 86 KI-4W each with a capacity of 1500kVA @ 690 V and 50 Hz.
- Three diesel gensets- CAT C18 rated 275 kW each, 380 V, 50 Hz.
- One emergency genset- CAT C9 rated 143 kW, 380 V; 50 Hz.
The forward hydraulic anchor windlass/towing/ship assist winch has a side-by-side configuration with a rated maximum pull of 90 tonnes and brake holding of 250 tonnes. The aft hydraulic anchor handling/towing winch is a waterfall configuration with a rated maximum pull of 200 tonnes and brake holding power of 350 tonnes. The vessel is also equipped with a large deck crane which has a 30.5 metre maximum outreach.
The RAmpage Series tugs are designed to be hard-working and reliable, able to maintain station in extreme ocean conditions, with enhanced manoeuvring and sea-keeping capabilities.
For further information on the Seaways 20 or any other RAmpage Series vessels, please contact email@example.com.