The Structural Designer will play a key role at Robert Allan Ltd. in the design of steel and aluminum commercial vessels. You will work with a professional team of naval architects and engineers in the design and scantling calculation of ship structures, deck equipment and machinery foundations, You will also support the establishment of design and reporting standards, and maintain in-house design tools. You will closely coordinate your activities with naval architects, structural designers, and project management staff on various design teams
- Diploma of Technology in Engineering or equivalent diploma
- 5 years of ship hull design experience in the marine industry
- Fluent in IMO and Class regulations
- Advanced proficiency in marine-related structural drafting in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in 3D design tools an asset.
- Ability to understand complex technical problems and to apply sound judgment to resolve them
- Initiative to learn and to gather information necessary to complete assignments
- Ability to complete work with minimal supervision, and to manage priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Robert Allan Ltd. is offering a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience that includes extended medical, life insurance, dental, health spending account, MSP, sick leave, statutory holidays, and paid vacation.
Robert Allan Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their disability, race, colour, religion, political belief, place of origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, or on the basis of any other ground enumerated at law.
Please submit your application with attention to the Office Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Phone calls or agency solicitations will not be accepted.