Marine Engineering Technologist
Robert Allan Ltd. is a privately owned firm of internationally-recognized Naval Architects and Marine Engineers in Vancouver, Canada. Since 1930, we have built a reputation for designing innovative vessels of almost all types, from high-performance tugs to ferries to sophisticated research vessels. Our 90-year history speaks for itself and we are proud of our ISO 9001:2015 certification. We design boats and, yes, it is fun!
We have an opening for a Marine Engineering Technologist to join our Vancouver team located steps away from beautiful Granville Island. The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. We have implemented numerous changes to our normal operating policies in response to COVID-19.
- The Marine Engineering Technologist will work as part of a team to produce piping and HVAC systems diagrams and arrangements under the supervision of a Professional Engineer
Education & Experience
- Diploma of Technology in Marine or Mechanical Engineering
- High level of competence with AutoCAD software
- Proficient in MS Office and Teams
- Experience working within small teams in a technical problem-solving setting
- Familiarity with key aspects of ship structures, machinery and systems, and interpretation of related technical drawings and other documentation is an asset
- Proficiency in Rhino, ShipConstructor and/or other 3D design software is an asset
- Shows initiative, takes pride in work
- Able to work independently and manage priorities
- Able to multi-task and manage time in a dynamic design environment
- Eye for detail and a passion for achieving high quality, accurate results
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- Produce ship systems diagrams and arrangements such as bilge, ballast, fuel, fire-fighting, machinery cooling, compressed air, lube oil, machinery exhaust, machinery space ventilation, domestic systems, HVAC, etc.
- Perform calculations related to the above
- Assist with machinery and piping weight estimates
- Assist with AutoCAD office standards (blocks, tables, etc.)
- Work will be assigned and supervised by a Professional Engineer
- Perform all assigned design calculations neatly and accurately
- Solve technical problems associated with individual task assignments
- Report regularly to immediate supervisor or designate on work progress
- Work in compliance with the Robert Allan Ltd ISO 9001 Quality Management Plan
- Other duties as required
Robert Allan Ltd. is offering a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience that includes extended medical, life insurance, dental, health spending account, MSP, sick leave, statutory holidays, and paid vacation.
Please submit your application with attention to the Office Manager to email@example.com.
For more information, please see our web site at www.ral.ca
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Phone calls or agency solicitations will not be accepted.