Robert Allan Ltd. is an independent, privately-owned naval architecture and marine engineering company established in 1928 right here in Vancouver. Over many years, we have earned a worldwide reputation for the design of working vessels of the highest quality. Our clientele is global, we are currently working with shipyards and vessel owners in 19 countries across 5 continents. With over 1,000 vessels designed by our firm delivered in the past 16 years, it is common to see a Robert Allan Ltd design in many of the world’s ports, harbours and canals.
This strong history is powering us through the challenges of designing vessels for the future: LNG, methanol, battery electric and hybrid powered vessels are currently under construction. We have a strong commitment to enhancing and improving the designs we produce and providing leading edge solutions to new marine challenges.
Robert Allan Ltd is an independent, employee-owned firm of Consulting Naval Architects and Marine Engineers that currently employs over 90 highly motivated and engaged employees. We enjoy numerous benefits including bonuses, paid overtime, extended health benefits, healthcare spending accounts, flexible work options, training opportunities, mentoring program and paid professional memberships. We believe in a work/life balance and have an inclusive workplace that embraces numerous cultural backgrounds and experiences.
We have an energetic group who are fortunate to apply their considerable skills to designing boats……..every work day!
The Project Scheduler role at Robert Allan Ltd ensures technical resources are managed in a matrix organisation with central resources applied to projects as and when needed. It is common to have 20 concurrent projects of varying types and complexity underway. This role works closely with Resource Managers, Project Managers, and Project Accountants to develop, update, and coordinate project schedules using Microsoft Project. The Project Scheduler works closely with project teams to streamline work processes and provide support for project administrative tasks and well as backup assistance to our Project Accountants.
- Work with Resource Managers and Project Accountants to setup project schedules including tasks, resource assignments, and milestones.
- Perform weekly project schedule maintenance including processing actual hours data, leveling resources, and resolving schedule conflicts across numerous concurrent projects.
- Maintain and update resource and organization calendars.
- Monitor project timelines and milestones.
- Identify potential project schedule delays, recommending actions to keep project tasks on time, and facilitating intervention in a timely manner.
- Incorporating updates and changes to project schedules.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the scheduling system and when necessary, develop and implement changes to enhance the scheduling system or processes.
- What-if analysis.
- Prepare monthly resource utilization and workload reports.
- Prepare and update project schedule Gantt charts to communicate with clients.
- Train staff on use of scheduling system.
- Assist with Quality Management System process reviews.
- Provide back-up assistance to Project Accountants for tasks such as timesheet and employee expense report review.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Experience, and Competencies
- Shows initiative, takes pride in work and has attention to detail.
- Enjoys working closely with people.
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and time-management skills.
- Minimum of two years experience in schedule planning and management
- Undergraduate degree
Robert Allan Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their disability, race, colour, religion, political belief, place of origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, or on the basis of any other ground enumerated at law.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Please submit your resume and cover letter with attention to the Office Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Phone calls or agency solicitations will not be accepted.