Senior Marine Structural Engineer/Designer
The Senior Marine Structural Engineer/Designer will play a key role at Robert Allan Ltd. in the design of steel and aluminum commercial vessels. You will work with a professional team of naval architects and engineers in the design of ship structures including hull and superstructure, deck machinery foundations, machinery foundations, towing fittings and other marine-related structures. You will also support the establishment of design and reporting standards, and maintain in-house analysis software and design tools. You will closely coordinate your activities with naval architects, structural designers, and project management staff on various design teams.
Your qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Structural Engineering with 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in ship structural design including:
- Mechanics of materials, statics, and dynamics
- Design of bolted and welded connections
- Failure analysis of steel and aluminum structures, including fatigue
- Structural vibrations
- Intimate knowledge of Classification Society structural rules.
- Strong computer and software skills, including AutoCAD, Office, and 3D design tools. Experience in ANSYS an asset
- Professional Engineer qualification, or eligibility for registration by the Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia an asset
- Experience in shipyard construction an asset
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Robert Allan Ltd. offers a very competitive salary and benefits package. If you meet or exceed the job qualifications, submit your resume with confidence to email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Robert Allan Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by provincial or federal law.