The FEA Analyst will play a key role at Robert Allan Ltd. in the design of steel and aluminum commercial vessels. You will work with a professional team of naval architects and engineers in the design of ship structures mainly dealing with highly loaded elements such as deck machinery foundations, towing fittings and other marine-related structures. You will also support the establishment of design and reporting standards, and maintain in-house analysis software and design tools. You will closely coordinate your activities with naval architects, structural designers, and project management staff on various design teams.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent degree with a focus on finite element analysis
- Experience in the marine industry an asset
- Registered or eligibility for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC as a EIT
- Professional Engineer qualification or equivalent an asset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including:
- Mechanics of materials, statics, and dynamics
- Design of bolted and welded connections
- Failure analysis of steel and aluminum structures, including fatigue
- Structural vibrations
- Strong computer, software, and 3D modelling skills, including Rhinoceros 3D
- Competence in AutoCAD, MS Office, ANSYS, LaTeX, Python, Visual Basic or similar programming languages an asset
- Ability to understand complex technical problems and to apply sound judgment to resolve them
- Initiative to learn and to gather information necessary to complete assignments
- Ability to complete work with minimal supervision, and to manage priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Robert Allan Ltd. is offering a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience that includes extended medical, life insurance, dental, health spending account, MSP, sick leave, statutory holidays, and paid vacation.
Robert Allan Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their disability, race, colour, religion, political belief, place of origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, or on the basis of any other ground enumerated at law.
Please submit your application with attention to the Office Manager to email@example.com. We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Phone calls or agency solicitations will not be accepted.