The RAmpage series of offshore support tugs were developed to address the demand for high-performance towing and anchor-handling tugs for critical offshore terminal and oil-field support duties, without reverting to full-sized OSV/AHTS vessels. Ranging in size from 37 to 65 metres, the RAmpage series offers tugs of relatively compact dimensions and high power, capable of performing the types of duties expected of vessels at both extremes of the size spectrum used in this service.
RAmpage series offshore tugs are classified according to length, then by type of propulsion system:
- Z – Z-drive – for situations where manoeuvring and positioning control is of paramount importance, as in DP operations
- T – twin-screw – typically with nozzles and lateral thrusters, offered for more conventional applications, especially where maximum bollard pull (BP) is required, and long-distance towing is more likely
and finally by the type of powering method, either:
- M – diesel-mechanical
- E – diesel-electric
- H – diesel-hybrid
For example a RAmpage 5000-ZM is a 50 metre, Z-drive, diesel-mechanical version.
- A mid-sized, powerful offshore tug for critical terminal and oil-field support duties
- Extensively model-tested to prove capabilities
- Compact dimensions/high power/excellent performance
- Many drive and powering configurations possible
RAmpage CLASS OPTIONS
To date, RAmpage series tugs have been built in the following classes.
- 45.00 m
- 15.00 m
- Draft, min
- 4.1 m
- Draft, max
- 5.6 m
- BP, max
- 90 t
- AHT version